We want you to be involved and share the experience
Tour de Vet is an entity in its own right, with the goal of raising as much money as possible for its chosen charities; 2014 Canine Partners, 2015 Cats protection, 2016 the Vet Trust and VetLife charities.
The lead sponsor of TDV is Thames Medical, who not only at the moment pay all the travel, food and accommodation but give TDV the facilities and organisational structure free of charge.
The method TDV uses to raise the money for the charity is by providing quality skills and general CPD to practices and colleges, in exchange for a generous charitable donation.
The “staff/facilitators” give their time and expertise in exchange for the negotiated donation to the chosen charity
The challenge, some of the fun and the hook to raise awareness comes from the fact that the Tour in the best “Grand boucle” traditions is done self-supported by bike… le cycling professeurs.
This helps the client practices raise their own awareness via general media (local press, social media etc) and give them some added payback, making the venture not only tax deductible (charitable donation) but cost effective CPD.
What is it?
- A challenging three week self-supported bicycle CPD/teaching tour in aid of the Vet Trust and VetLife charities
What’s in it for me?
- Quality, bespoke, Certified CPD for you and your staff
- Opportunity to offset CPD “fees”/charitable donation against Tax (Great value CPD)
- Opportunity to co-promote the Tour de Vet and market your practice as practicing advanced medicine and being charitable to your local client base. Ask us how.
What’s in it for us?
- Opportunity to ride our bikes
- Meet and overcome some fascinating challenges
- Doing what we enjoy doing: teaching and learning and passing on skills and knowledge
- Raising serious money for fabulous Charities …the Vet Trust and VetLife charities
- Meeting and working with likeminded people
Who benefits from Tour De Vet?
- Everyone involved, in different ways, Vets, Nurses, Charity workers.
- The Vet Trust and VetLife charities….every penny goes to the charity
- The nurses and vets who attend and participate learning new skills and information
- Peter, Alasdair and Mike, cycling and sharing skills and the latest knowledge, from Blood Pressure to Anaesthesia and Analgesia, and Soft Tissue Surgery.
How much will it cost?
- The cost to the practice varies from a minimum donation of £300 to whatever you feel it is worth. Last year donations varied up to and over £1000!
- This is negotiable depending on what you want from the Tour
- For example do you want to host a lecture evening in current topics and open this to local practices?
- Do you want some one on one anaesthesia coaching…”Capnography what the numbers mean”
- Do you want hands on coaching on blood pressure techniques, how to get the most out of your Doppler… conscious monitoring? Anaesthesia?
How does it work?
- We ride to your practice and work for a couple of hours with your staff, then we ride on or
- We do an evenings lectures for your staff or your staff and the local practices
- You set the topic, we deliver, everything is open for negotiation, if your desires overlap our experience and you are paying, we will do it.
How do I get involved?
- Tap into Tour de Vet on Facebook or TourdeVet.co.uk
- Email Mike@thamesmedical.com
- Call Mike on 01903 522911